Saturday 5 May 2012

Best laid plans......

Well I got all of the little bits done this morning and headed up to my "just turn up" local MOT station. Closed for Bank Holiday - "damn"!

Plan B - I headed into Birkenhead to another bike shop where you can normally just turn up - they couldn't fit me in.

So I'll have to take some time off next week to do it instead.

Positives though: I got a chance to do probably 20 miles and everything went well - above 5000rpm she runs real nice, but i still need to sort out this slow running. Hopefully, resetting the air screws will address that (fingers crossed). The handling is lovely, being used to much heavier bikes now. All systems seem to work well.

I think the front tyre is not quite central on the rim as there is some "chattering" from the front end at certain speed - it feels like the tyre is slightly off centre in the vertical plane.

A nice thing happened today. I'd tried to get in touch with Steve that I bought the bike from and got the following e-mail back:

"Hi Noel, What a brilliant surprise to get your message. I often wondered how you were getting on. I am amazed by the transformation from the sorry state you picked her up in - Doris now looks stunning. I can see you have had quite a journey. You have my appreciation and admiration for what you have achieved. I will certainly pass on the information to Martin, who I know will be so pleased at the result. I will try to make it to Northwich next week, so hopefully see you there.
Steve"

No comments:

Post a Comment