Wednesday 18 April 2012

Last polishing finished :)

I've been struggling with our internet connection ovr the last few days, so this is the first chance I've had to post the work over the weekend.

I finally got the motivation to do the last bit of polishing - the 2 engine side cases. I detest polishing! It took me the best part of 5 hours on Sunday and the results are presentable but not world class by any means! Either I'm not very good at it or it's just a godforsaken horrible job.....

Anyway, before:


... and after:



A 500% improvement, but there were a lot of little bits I couldn't get into, if you look closely. Good enough for me though. I've painted in the black detailing since then as well and will update the photos when I get a chance.

This week's work will concentrate on rebuilding the top end of the engine, but work has intervened so far with early mornings and late nights. Hoping to get some done tonight though.

1 comment:

  1. Very shiny cases, don't worry about not having them perfect, nothing leaves the factory perfect ( how often did I used to have to check through the stock to find the best there was to send to a fussy customer) sounds like you're doing well. Fingers crossed you hit your target. Regards and all, Michael.

    ReplyDelete