Sunday 18 March 2012

Beautiful Paintwork!

I finally picked the tank and side panels up from the painters yesterday and I have to say that he has done a beautiful job. The pain of having to throw a bit more money at it has now gone and actually I'm feeling a lot more charitable towards Roger about it all. In my mind the root of the problem was that inadequate warning was given on the decals instructions - no point in raking over all that again though - look back a couple of entries to understand the issues! Roger, you are forgiven :)

A reminder of what the tank and side panels looked like "before":




... and here's what they look like now:




The tank badges and chrome trims still need to go back on, but I think they look gorgeous and I'm really, really pleased with the colour.

I've now got all of the hundred and one bits and pieces cleaned up as well, so just the detail polishing of the wheels to do now and then I'll be ready to start the rebuild!! Can't wait!

But first I must do Mother's Day duties :) ......

No comments:

Post a Comment