Sunday 25 March 2012

Building up the Rolling Chassis

Today has gone well, with the new taper roller head bearings installed and the head set refitted, then the forks and front end in.



The main stand is also fitted; swinging arm and shockers installed and I've got the airbox loosely in, but then ran out of time (it was payback time - I had to mow the lawn!)



I was really looking forward to getting the new Avon Roadrunner tyres onto the rims, which I did do but also managed to pinch both tubes while I was doing it :(     I couldn't believe it - after all the hundreds of times I've changed a pushbike tyre without doing this!

 I was following the Haynes method, but I'm going to try again using my own way and see how that goes. The rims do look good with the tyres on though - even if they are a little devoid of air!



No comments:

Post a Comment