Monday 12 March 2012

Paint & Decals update

I just had a call from the painter to let me know that the decals have gone on fine second time around and have been laquered - everything looking great he says. I'm picking it all up on Wednesday afternoon, which will be nice.

There's a big BUT though..... Having been delighted with the way he dealt with the problem, now that it's been solved and my goodies are all done, our previous conversation about sharing the cost by me buying new decals and him re-applying and clearcoating  free of charge has been conveniently forgotten and I "must have misunderstood". That certainly isn't the case - we had a real clear understanding of the way forward, I made sure of that.

I feel like I'm being held to ransom and have no alternative but to pay up now :(

What would I do differently next time? Probably go to one of the big boys to be honest - I suspect that it wouldn't have cost me any more. For what this has cost me, I could have bought a spray kit and done it myself without all the aggro.

Feeling very let down and exploited at the moment. Fortunately this has been the only bitter supplier experience I've had on the whole build. I guess I've not done too badly really?

Will post up some photos as soon as I have the tank in my grubby mitts.

No comments:

Post a Comment