Sunday 4 March 2012

Getting down and dirty at last

Boxes? Check

Freezer bags? Check

Digital camera? Check

Notebook? Check

Sockets set and spanners? Check

Hammer? Check

Bigger hammer? Check

Then let the strip commence!

This bit is very boring to talk about. The only recommendations I'll make to anyone considering doing this is to take loads of photos and sketches, particularly of things like wiring routes and springs. Then take more photos and then some more just for good measure. You WILL forget where it all went in a month or so. And don't throw anything away - keep it till the end when you KNOW you won't need to re-use the original.

I was a bit anal and kept a list of every bolt that I removed - with size, length, description etc. But that was because I knew I wanted to send it all off for zinc plating (highly recommended by the way) and I'd then be able to identify what everything was when I got a big bag of shiny stuff back.

I'll just throw a few photos in and let them do the talking here.






No comments:

Post a Comment