Sunday 4 March 2012

Bits n' Pieces

Various bits that have been restored over the past 12 months or so.

Before and after - polished fork leg:


Headlamp shell painted (recommend Plastisol Gloss Black)


A shelf full of new goodies!


Brake caliper refinished - the old pad pins (gold bits) were completely corroded in and I had to drill them out. New stainless piston kit and seal going in it.


Some parts back from the chromers. The spindles on the left are zinc plated. New indicators from David Silvers (the lenses aren't CE marked so I'm hoping they'll be OK at MOT. I'm keeping the old ones just in case).


More shiny bits! and the second hand grab rail I found locally. They seem to be rare as rocking horse whatsit. It has polished up nicely - not perfect but good enough.


I needed to do some re-assembly!  Rechromed rear mudguard. Undersides have now been painted in a couple of coats of Hammerite to try and prevent more corrosion in future.


Powder coated goodies.


One fork leg reassembled. Fork sliders were NOS - much cheaper than hard chroming the old ones and a lucky find - I've not seen any more come up since.


Pillion footrest rubbers cleaned up and reassembled onto zinc plated pegs and cotter pins and powder coated brackets.


And also the rider's footrests.


Electrics backplate. It was originally gold passivated I think, but had gone quite rusty. I resprayed it using gold paint.


I bought a used set of Hagon shockers that cleaned up really nicely and I repainted the black parts. Bolts zinc plated.

The wheels! Quick, pass the valium.....


More polishing - brake back plate, fork leg and footrest plates.


No comments:

Post a Comment