Sunday 11 March 2012

Ultrasonics

Another couple of hours this afternoon has seen most of the rest of the greasy rubbish cleaned up. One more session should finish it off :)

I tried out my ultrasonic cleaner that I bought from Aldi a couple of months back for the first time today. What a fine piece of kit!



I needed to clean up the 20 or so plastic covers that snap over the junction of the rim and spokes on the Comstar wheels. Each has "Honda" embossed on it and I didn't fancy trying to clean out 30 years of accumulated junk from each one with a toothbrush! The ultrasonic cleaner was great though. I gave them all 5 minutes in warm water with a couple of drops of Fairy liquid in and the water was black at the end! Change water and repeat and they are all nice and clean now. A quick coat of "Back to Black" and they look great :)


The ultrasonic cleaner was only about £15 I think - highly recommended piece of kit next time they come around in ALDI.

No comments:

Post a Comment