Thursday 8 March 2012

Who left all this greasy rubbish here?

Spent a couple of hours this evening cleaning up last bits and pieces, so I can be ready to start THE BIG BUILD in a couple of weeks.
So things like breather tubes, wiring loom, handlebar controls etc all got a good deep clean. Job done.
Then I found another box full! Oh well, what's one more night after all this time :)
I'm really having to resist the temptation to have everything looking brand spanking new at the moment. I decided at the outset that my 'standard' to aim for was that it should look like a well cared for 2 year old bike, so it's ok to have the odd tarnished bolt etc. But the temptation is almost irresistible at times...
I think I will end up gradually replacing the patina over time!
Anyway, one more night should see everything cleaned up.
The 'to do' list has reduced a lot this week. Now it is only: finish cleaning bits; detail polishing of wheels; strip top end of engine and send head and barrels off for vapour blasting; repaint cam cover; polish engine side cases. Then I can start reassembly. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment